Sunday, March 14, 2010

Guest Writer "KC"

MUSINGS FROM KC

Two and a half months ago my life was turned upside down and I thought the end of my world had come. I was whisked away from my loving home for an extended stay at Canine Country Club. Oh the pain of it was more than I could bear, but after an hour of waiting by the fence I decided that I might as well muster up some patience, settle in and wait. You know the old word patience; it is a word I have heard many times when Vickie is trying to teach my owner how to use the computer.
What a topsy turvey world. Now I have been dropped off here many times but it is usually for just a day of play and never more than a week while Vickie and mom are off playing but how will I ever make it for 3 months.

After about a week my owner called to check on me and even wanted to talk to me on the phone, really!!! By now I have settled in just fine. I no longer have to wait patiently by the door, or give some silly signal that I really really need to go out or we will both be in trouble. I have the run of the place. I get to eat much more than I got at home, have lots of friends to play with, some more annoying than others and lo and behold I have even become best friends with Allred the cat. We curl up together when it is time to take a nap and Allred doesn’t even snarl and slap out at me like Maximus, Whitneys unlovable cat, does. I remember well the day he came to visit. Sure he got to sit right on the counter where I am forbidden to even put my paw. Stray cats seem to realize it is not all about them, much nicer to be with than those pampered ones.

Even when Vickie had to be in the hospital my life went on the same. Judy of course realizes that I am special and need extra loving care and she performed very well. They have both been accused of “Alienation of Affection”.

Needless to say coming home has been more traumatic than leaving home. Here I am and if Bert thinks his life is BORING he should try mine now. At least I have someone who comes and takes me for a walk three times a week. The treats have been coming more regular these days. I guess Mom is trying to make up for leaving me at the Country Club…little does she know I would go back today if I could
I know the day will come when I can go back for a visit and see all my old friends…so until then enjoy your stay and the tender loving care you receive when you go to Vickie’s.

Love
KC

Thanks KC, for being my guest writer and speaking on behalf of all of us here at Canine Country Club......we miss you and can't wait till you come back to play with us again, but truthfully, we just want you to come back and play. Scrappy was a little put out that you got to sleep with Vickie and he had to sleep on a Dog Bed. Dog Bed.......Scrappy never sleeps on a dog bed. this was quite misserable for him....so just for a visit....ok....
Now lets get to me....as you know, it IS ALL ABOUT ME AND MY LIFE...
Here I was, minding my own business the other night while Vickie and Judy were cleaning up after the day care dogs had gone home. I was actually helping cause I was showing Vickie where any left over poopies were.

You see it is like a contest with us……I smell them out and then we have a race to see who can get to them first. If she beats me to them, then they get scooped up and put in a big container that the garbage man takes. But if I beat her………Then I get a evening snack…..of course it makes Vickie sick and she always screams to me to “Leave it” LEAVE IT” but I know she is just joking and that it is a game…..good think I am so fast…..I shall never starve, that is for sure.

Anyway, while we were cleaning, I happened to notice some movement in the tree above me. I know it was windy and that probably it was just the breeze through the trees but something about it creeped me out.

I positioned myself to watch the tree for a few minutes until I saw the movement again. Now I know you will have a hard time believing this but I PROMISE it is true. That thing that moved in the tree, well it was a real, honest to goodness, “TREE NOME”

A protector of the tree, the birds, and the little things of nature. A tree Nome is a creature that takes on the form, coloration and trademarks of the tree during the day, but in the evening hours when the sun begins to go down and dangers lurk in the darkness, the Tree nome comes to life and stands guardian over the little baby birds in the nest, or the apple blossoms that are beginning to develop the tasty red apples that are ready in the fall.
Every tree has a tree Nome, but not all of them are as easy to see as the one I was now aware of. And being a spirit of my spirituality, I know they are not to be feared but to be loved and respected. So if any of you guys out there find a tree Nome in your tree, be sure to let it know you are aware of its presence and that you are greatful for their help.

It takes a lot for a dog to be “The Guardian” of their loved ones so it is nice to know you have help from the Tree Nome…….


We had tons of fun dogs come in on Friday. It was a crazy fun day. So here are a few pictures to keep you up to date on the fun plus a video at the bottom of playtime.

Poor Mable, who lives to chase sticks, balls, leaves blowing in the wind, or just plain anything anything at all, has come to visit with us and there are no sticks, no balls and no airy weather. She watches Vickie, never taking her eyes off of her, hoping beyond hope that a ball will appear in her hand and that she will throw it in Mables general direction. Oh how sad, she hardly breathes waiting in anticipation....
WAit, Oh yes, here comes Vickie and what is this......A Stick......could that be a big stick in Vickies hands........? Yes it is.......oh my, life is grand........
Pip, just wants to run the fence line and bark and bark. She has to be very quiet at home so coming here is like, a total releif. She can bark all she wants, run as fast as she wants, act as crazy as she wants......even if it is just for a few days. then home again, but not so wound up anymore......


Ace is a little tired. He has had to spend the last four days with the small dogs and they have driven him CRAZY.... He is here with his litttle sis a small pup named Lady and she really wanted him to stay with her so rather than play with the other big dogs he stayed with her. Boy, one small dog is fun to be around but five or six can drive a guy nuts.....
Gracie came to Day Care on Friday without Ellie May and it has been so so lonely for her. They are best of friends and it is so hard for them to be separated. Ellie is getting some surgery to take off a lump on her back. Gracie was really worried all day long and would sometimes let out a very forelorn cry that echoed through the whole area. It was very sad.

A lovely day Friday was. Muffy and the others all just found a nice warm spot out on the gravel and let the sunshine warm our bodies from toe to toe. You should try it.

BArney said he could look sadder if he tried, but it was such a lovely day that looking sad was a little hard to pull off. It was a day of play and rest and play and more rest.....It was lovely....lovely day..


Monte, who still does not beleive he belongs in a day care and still does not beleive he should have to be around "DOGS" patrolled the place, sniffed out a few worms in the straw, and try as he might NOT TOO, enjoyed the day too.

Cody and Aussie had a lot to say and they wanted Vickie to come in and play with them but until her knee is completely better, she cannot go in with them. They play way to rough for her recently cut up body part. She missed playing with them as much as they miss playing with her.

Logan, Jake, Dizzy and Shea are also a little curious as to why vickie won't go inside with them. Why she waits until they have gone home for the night before she scoops up the daily deposits. come on vickie, can't you heal any faster than this.......
Vickie is wondering the same thing.......she missed playing with everyone.
Vegus spent the day in with the really huge dogs. She was soo very tired when it was time to go home.

Raidar still keeping up with the rest of them. Three legs mean nothing when your heart is as big and strong as hers is.....Nothing keeps her down.....

GATE....who the heck put up this gate.......and WHY

Handsome is as handsome is as handsome is......and I am so handsome......

Gus and Cleo get to take the only walk of the week. Since no one else is ever at the park during the days from December thru June, it is like having your own private playground. Lucky Lucky us.

From Dougal

Many of you remember Dougal and his beautiful sunset pictures from all the hikes he takes with his friend and brother Jon. Many of you asked if there were more pixs so I asked him to send me some for the blog.

He went up hiking in a new area this weekend and came across some amazing country. I didn’t get time to ask him where he went, but I will ask him on Monday when he comes to day care.


I am thinking it is way up in the north country cause of all those elk he passed up, and where did he come up with this huge pile of metal links, and what were they for.



I’ll let you know as soon as I hear from him, but in the mean time, here is one more pictureI thought you might enjoy.



This just came in from Jon on how to find this place if you want to go hiking there.
As for our hike yesterday, it was at the Powerline trail in Eden. Just up past Pineview. If you go around the lake, there's a turn to the right that takes you to the Monestary. it's the next right after that. Follow it to it's end and you're at the trailhead!
Thanks Jon & Dougal



Now some sleep shots as we all get ready for a rest.

Zeus makes sure to get at least one hour of sleep when he comes each morning. When you get to be a senior citizen it is important to get many naps....

Tristy never sleeps, but keeps her eyes on Allred all the time. Hopeing, praying, pleading for him to get up and play with her, or snap at her or anything. Tristy does not understand Allred at all. That cat just walks around like he rules.....the place. He is no fun at all.

Bert is still terrified of Allred so when ever he comes out to sleep in the living room/office Bert goes into the bedroom to sleep. I am beginning to wonder if Allred is threatening my poor pups. He might just be a big ole bully and I don't know it.

Scrappy is not bothered by Allred at all, yet I often find him sleeping inthe cupboard. He squinches himself in between the doors and is fast asleep. I wonder if he feels safe there.

Fun times in the living room/office at the end of the day. move the chairs and beds and wild play begins.
When Vickie was a very young girl, she would go up to her grandpa and grandma’s house almost every Saturday night. The highlight of the night was when her Grandpa would move all the furniture in the basement playroom up against the wall, lift up the big center floor rug and then turn on the Lawrence Welk Show. Then her big tall loving grandpa would take Vickie and each one of her sisters out on the “Dance Floor” and teach them how to do the polk and the waltz. It was so much fun, they would fly across the open floor doing a lively polk, sometimes standing on their grandpas feet so they could keep up, sometimes being dragged along with a swing here and a swing there. It was so much fun.


Recently, Vickie has been moving all the furniture out fo the way in our little living room and letting me, Betty and Scrappy run and play and wrestle through the room like when she was dancing with her grandpa. It is great fun.

You should all try it.


Here we are enjoying a play day inside. It was rainy and sloppy outside. If you notice both Scrappy and Betty make it a point to grab me by my cheek or below the neck and hang on. They both play unfairly, but I can handle it.....cause I am ME.


You have to look real hard but you might be able to see the long flow of slobber from Ellie in this video. She is always drooling.....yuck. Sorry Amanda, I know you love her tons, but come on, does she drool all over you like she drools all over me. Hope you are having fun in Hawaii.

Nite all
Love
Bert

1 comment:

Brian said...

That red golden ret. (Dougal?)is gorgeous! I'm so glad that you are getting some sun and enjoying the days- poor KC stuck at home ;) Love ya!